FLUORIDE HELPS PEOPLE OF ALL AGES:
FLUORIDE CAN BE FOUND IN:
- Fluoride makes the tooth surface harder
- Fluoride helps prevent cavities
DOES YOUR DRINKING WATER CONTAIN THE CORRECT
AMOUNT OF FLUORIDE?
- Adding fluoride to municipal drinking water
is one of the easiest and most cost-effective
methods of protecting children and adults
from tooth decay.
- Not certain about the fluoride level in your
water system? Ask your dentist.
- If your water does not contain fluoride,
your dentist may recommend prescribing fluoride
tablets or drops for you and your family.
- Support water fluoridation in your community.
- Make sure you and your children drink fluoridated
water every day.
- Give your kids water and minimize their intake
of soft drinks.
- Remember – bottled water may be very popular
now, but it may not contain fluoride.
SHOULD YOU USE A FLUORIDE-CONTAINING TOOTHPASTE?
- Fluoride-containing toothpaste helps to prevent
cavities in children AND adults.
- Supervise your children when they brush their
- Kids under age 6 should only use a “pea size”
dab of fluoride-containing toothpaste.
SHOULD YOU USE A FLUORIDE-CONTAINING MOUTHRINSE?
REMEMBER THE CAVITY FIGHTERS:
- This source of fluoride also helps stop tooth
decay in children AND adults.
- Many brands are available in your local grocery
or drug store.
- Check with your local board of education
- your kids may already receive fluoride
mouthrinses at school.
- Fluoride (from water, toothpaste, and mouthrinses).
- Sealants placed on teeth.
- Sugar-free foods and drinks.
- Daily brushing and flossing (especially after
- Regular dental visits.